Skinny Mushroom Stroganoff
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 7 pts Calories: 268 • Fat: 3.5 g • Carbs: 52.5 g • Fiber: 7 g • Protein: 12.5 g • Sugar: 4.5 g Sodium: 312 (without salt)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium vegetable broth (or beef if you’re a carnivore)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 5 oz sliced Cremini mushrooms
- 8 oz sliced baby Bella mushrooms
- 3.5 oz Shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp white wine or sherry
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 8 oz uncooked noodles (Ronzoni Smart Taste, Healthy Harvest or No-Yolk)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh flat-leaf parsley for garnish
Cook noodles in a pot of salted water according to package directions, I like to under-cook them a bit so I can mix it with the sauce and let it finish cooking.
Meanwhile, while the water starts to boil for the noodles, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter over medium heat and add onions to the pan. Cook 2 - 3 minutes over medium-low heat.
Add flour; stir with a wooden spoon for 30 seconds. Gradually add broth, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste, stirring constantly. Add mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper; stir and cook 4-5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
Already tried this one & i promise you it’s one of the best things you could get for breakfast! Super yummy and satiable!
Here is the recipe i used:
1 slice of whole grain bread
3/4 tablespoon of low-fat cream cheese
Fresh chives ( i would say 1 chopped tablespoon)
To the Avocado topping:
1/4 diced Avocado ( od course you can use more)
1 chopped Tomato
2 tablespoons of chopped cucumber
spice it with salt, pepper and spices that you want
This is how i make it :) Here is the original, it takes longer and is harder in my opinion, decide for your own ^^
These are Quinoa and Brown rice balls made with spinach, walnuts and porcini mushrooms! Baked to perfection! So GOOD!